We’ve been using Netsuite at work since day one. The app is pretty powerful but the UI and UX are seriously stuck in 1996. A few months ago a window started to pop up requesting the user to answer some security questions. I’m all for improved security but some of these questions are pretty ridiculous…
- What was your childhood nickname?
- What is the name of your favorite childhood friend?
- What street did you live on in third grade?
- What school did you attend for sixth grade?
- What was your childhood phone number including area code? (e.g., 000-000-0000)
- What was the name of your first stuffed animal?
- What was the last name of your fourth grade teacher?
- In what city did you meet your spouse/significant other?
- What is your oldest sibling’s birthday month and year? (e.g., January 1900)
- What is the middle name of your oldest child?
- What is your oldest sibling’s middle name?
- What is your oldest cousin’s first and last name?
- In what city or town did your mother and father meet?
- In what city does your nearest sibling live?
- What is your oldest brother’s birthday month and year? (e.g., January 1900)
- What is your maternal grandmother’s maiden name?
- In what city or town was your first job?
- What is the name of the place your wedding reception was held?
- What is the name of a college you applied to but didn’t attend?
Guess which action I take every single time this screen pops up?
Update: Crap! Looks like Netsuite caught on to me…
Went to the beach and put the iPhone 5 down to film the sand rushing over the beach propelled by the wind. Maybe not the smartest idea as sand got inside the lighting connector…